I made banana pancakes (with no eggs) for breakfast this morning, ones that Little E could eat as well. I wanted to add more fruit in his diet and we have an over-abundance of ripe bananas. I cut it up into sticks and my Mr I-Don’t-Like-Bananas loved it! I served it with chunks of papaya, which he had fun eating as they were quite slippery (read: messy) 🙂
A Baby-Friendly Banana Pancakes
- 2 cups self raising flour (I forgot I had wholemeal, so I will use that instead next time)
- 1 tbs of Gentle Fibre (I wouldn’t add this if I use wholemeal flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbs raw sugar
- 45 grams melted butter
- 2 ripe bananas
Mash the bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl, then mix through flour, fibre, sugar, baking powder and butter (reserve about 2 tbs for cooking). Continue mashing until smooth, then add the milk. Stir until batter is nice and smooth.
Heat up a pan and coat with a little bit of butter, then pour in batter 1 cup at a time. Cook on medium heat.
I like this recipe because you don’t need a whole lot of utensils to clean up afterwards. Mr E and I are naughty when it comes to over-indulgence and sweets, so we also added some chocolate while cooking the batter. This would have been good with ice cream as well 🙂 And some Butterscotch sauce, if you have any. Oh, and maybe some slivered almonds just to top it all off! 😛
There will be no OOTD today, as we’re having a lazy Saturday in, the kind where we stay in our jammies alllllllll day 🙂 Have a good one, friends!
- Fussy Little Eaters: “Baked” Beans Recipe (theunicornmum.wordpress.com)
- Banana Pancakes with PB Sauce (thevegasvegan.com)
- Crazy easy banana pancakes! (gluten free, dairy free) (thecopycatkitchen.com)
- Banana Pancakes (whattoeatwhenyoucanteatanything.com)
- Banana pikelets (mini pancakes!) (thesugarbreakup.com)
- My Daughter The Fussy Eater (andwhatwillshehave.wordpress.com)
- Picky Eater; Should You Give In To Your Child? (thegoodmotherproject.com)
- New Annabel Karmel Quick and Easy Toddler Recipes – Tasty Food for the Whole Family! (breastfeedingmums.typepad.com)