I hate breakfast.
Or I should say, I hate normal breakfast food, like cereal, toasts, etc. I wouldn’t hate breakfast as much if I could have a big fry up or leftovers everyday. I guess I grew up eating rice with other savoury dishes for breakfast, while the usual healthy breakfast options here are sweet. It took around 6 years for Mr E to get me to have daily healthy breakfast of sorts. Even then, I still have to make myself eat in the morning. Also, Mr E could have the same breakfast every single day and he won’t be bored. I, on the other hand, need to change it up pretty often; else, I just won’t have any.
So the other day, I made some healthy breakfast muffins, inspired by this recipe. I was looking around for something that Mr E can have while he’s still on his elimination diet, and this recipe was perfect! I had to change it up a bit as I didn’t have any strawberries and I didn’t want to add that much sugar, so here’s what I did.
Banana Oats Breakfast Muffins
- 2 1/2 cup plain Oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tbs Mixed Spice or Cinnamon
- 2 mashed riped large Bananas
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and churn until all blended in together.
- Into a silicon muffin tray or foil liners, spoon mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
I quite liked these muffins, it is healthy and I get to have something different. I would heat one up in the microwave for about 20 seconds and give it to Little E to feed himself with. Since it isn’t a “wet” porridge, the mess he creates isn’t all that bad 🙂 I actually divided the mixture into two, and added half the maple syrup (1 1/2 tbs) into one of the mixtures, as I didn’t want Little E to have too much sugar in his diet. Mr E can’t have pears at the moment, but when he can, I will sure to use pears or apples instead.
I hope you try this recipe and like it 🙂 Let me know!
- Fussy Little Eaters: Banana Pancakes (no eggs) (theunicornmum.wordpress.com)
- Fussy Little Eaters: Zucchini chocolate cupcakes (theunicornmum.wordpress.com)
- Fussy Little Eaters: Easy Orange Chicken + OOTD (theunicornmum.wordpress.com)
- Fussy Little Eaters: “Baked” Beans Recipe (theunicornmum.wordpress.com)
- Fussy Little Eaters: Pumpkin Fruit Cake (theunicornmum.wordpress.com)