A friend recently came over with her little one (Hi, Tam!) bringing Pumpkin Fruit Cupcakes for morning tea, and they were really nice! Little E absolutely loved it that I can’t not make him more. We had a picnic with the mums, dads and bubs from my Mothers Group today, so it was a good enough reason for me to recreate. My friend did give me a copy of the recipe that she used, but she didn’t tell me how much flour, and it was just as easy to look it up than bother her, so here’s my take on the recipe (based on two different ones).
Pumpkin Fruit Cake
- 1 cup of mashed cooked pumpkin (I boiled mine)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of caster sugar (I used closer to 1/4 cup)
- 100g glazed cherries, halved (If I was to make this just for Little E, I probably won’t add this in)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 125g butter
- 1 tbs of mixed spice (I didn’t add this today, but I will next time)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C (Fan-Forced)
- Cream butter and sugar with a handmixer
- Add pumpkin, eggs and flour
- Stir through cherries
- Pour into a cake tin (I used a loaf tin today) and bake for 45 minutes
Mr E doesn’t really like pumpkin, but he likes this recipe. It could have a lot to do with the glazed cherries (he loves them!), but most importantly, my little man likes it. I gave him a slice with a small pat of butter for afternoon tea today.
More on Mothers Group, if there’s any new mums out there, who are thinking of joining one, you really should! It is amazing how much support you need from the other mothers who are going through the exact same thing at around the same time. I know it is a matter of luck, since I have heard many mums not liking their group members, but you have nothing to lose. I am lucky in that regard, as we all really get along quite well 🙂