A recent recipe inside an Aldi brochure got me inspired to make noodle cups. They’re freezable, they’re compact (ie. Not messy) and can be made in advance/bulk. Unfortunately, the recipe calls for instant noodle packets, so I had to change it a bit.
Vegetables noodle cups
- 150g noodles/pasta
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 finely chopped (or grated) vegies – I had cauliflower, carrots and capsicum
- 1/2tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/4tsp each of cumin, tumeric, sugar, paprika
- Cook noodles, drain then stir through the spices, pepper and chicken stock
- Line a muffin tray, divide noodles into portions
- Top with vegies
- Then pour in the egg mixture evenly (you will need to put it in slowly else it’ll overflow)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 180C (preheated)
Little E had one of these for lunch today and he liked it. It was one of the least messy lunch ever, that’s a plus for me 🙂 Mr E had yet to have one but they’re in the freezer for him to take to work for lunch-emergencies.
Please try this recipe and let me know if you like it! 🙂