As I’ve mentioned before, I am having a problem with Little E not eating any meat dishes I cook for him. So, as much as it is “unhealthy”, I take this recipe as a win because he ate some! Hooorah! He did eat them last, after every single mini molecule of vegies 😛 This dish is also cheap, simple, quick and it’s a winner for the whole family. There is a million of different versions of it, and it’s such a traditional old-fashion dishes, but this is my version and Little E likes it.
- 8 BBQ Sausages
- 1/2 tbs curry powder (please see note, it’s important)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup of vegies (I used frozen mix vegies)
- 3 tbs cream
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- In a boiling water, boil the sausages until cooked, skinned them then chop into 2cm pieces.
- In a heated pan with oil, brown the onions, then add the curry powder.
- When they become fragrant, add the vegies, cream and stock.
- Once the vegies are almost cooked, stir through the sausages.
- I served this with mashed sweet potato.
This dish was hot. I didn’t realise the Kirk’s curry powder was that hot. So, when serving to Little E, I put his serve in a strainer, then run water through it – “washing” them in a sense. However, if you don’t like hot dishes, and would rather be safe, I would only use 1/4 tbs of curry powder.
We bought the best sausages the butcher had to make it as healthy as we could. Now that I know he likes sausages, I am going to have to see if I could make my own. Is it hard?